Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Display Unit Replacement on A320 - First Officer Navigation Display Replacement on Airbus 320 Aircraft

Today I replaced the First Officer Navigation Display Unit due to Display Unit failure.

The Display Unit fault has been considered as a differed defect.


First, I checked the new Display Unit condition and Part Number.



Then I pulled the First Officer Navigation Display Circuit breaker.



I removed the decoration around the Display Unit.






I pulled the handle that was securing the Display Unit.

Then I removed the old Display Unit from its place.




And then the new Display Unit is placed in its place.







Secured the handle in the correct position.

The new Display Unit takes about 20 seconds to load its software from the DMC (Display Management Computer)



The it's working normally.

The decoration is fixed.






I pushed the circuit breaker in its closed position.

And then checked the new Display Unit operation.

And finally I made an entry in the aircraft technical log book.


AMM: 31-63



REF: CA

No comments:

Post a Comment